Welcome to Old Providence!
Explore where things used to be and sometimes still are…
- Browse historical buildings and locations in and around old Providence.
- Contribute your own photographs, stories, and research.
- Connect with others researching families and buildings in old Providence.
- Share your insights with the community by commenting on research provided by others.
- Discover Providence from a historical perspective, visualized through photos and maps.
A Grand Old House On Hope St.
One of the premier examples of Victorian architecture is in Providence. The Lippitt House is on the National Register. Director Carrie Taylor talks about how their faring during the Pandemic. Read More
Episode 2: The Gravestone Girls and Providence Cemeteries
We were able to catch up with Brenda Sullivan of the Gravestone Girls at a recent Providence Flea. In this episode we talk about casting gravestones, symbolism on stones, and some old Providence burial sites. Read More
Old Providence Podcast Launches Today
In the first installment, curator and creator, Maureen Taylor interviews Roz Rustigian of Rustigian Rugs, a company her father founded during the Depression. What does it take to have a business last 90 years? From a carriage house on Benefit St. to a brick and mortar store in Fox Point, Rustigian's story is part of Providence's history and today's story. Read More
PVDSigns - Old-Fashioned Signs Around Providence
Kay Belardinelli talks about PVDSigns Read More