Terms And Conditions
Please read these Terms and Conditions ("Terms", "Terms and Conditions") carefully before using the oldpvd.com website (the "Service") operated by MaureenTaylor.com ("us", "we", or "our"). These Terms apply to all visitors, users and others who wish to access or use the Service. By accessing or using the Service you agree to be bound by these Terms. If you disagree with any part of the terms then you do not have permission to access the Service.
Although this site is owned and operated by MaureenTaylor.com, oldpvd.com is largely dependent on visitor photograph submissions; the contents of the database come from a variety of sources. Contributors, not oldpvd.com, own the contributed information. oldpvd.com is not acting as an agent for any contributors. All of the material on the site is available for personal use only. You agree not to post material from oldpvd.com on another site or network without permission from either oldpvd.com or the contributor of the material. No components of this site may be used for commercial purposes. Contact MaureenTaylor.com for information on licensing.
In no event shall oldpvd.com, its affiliates, owners, employees, consultants, and agents be liable for incidental, consequential, special, or indirect damages, even if oldpvd.com has been advised of the possibility of such claims. oldpvd.com and maureentaylor.com shall not be liable for any claim or demand made against the Contributor or Visitor by any third party. Furthermore, oldpvd.com shall not be liable for any inappropriate content.
By creating an Account on our service, you agree to subscribe to newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information we may send. However, you may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send.
The Service allows you (“Contributor”) to post, link, store, share and otherwise make available certain information, text, graphics, videos, or other material ("Content"). You are responsible for the Content that you post on or through the Service, including its legality, reliability, and appropriateness. You agree that the Content you provide will be available to others to view.
By posting Content on or through the Service, You represent and warrant that: (i) the Content is yours (you own it) and/or you have the right to use it and the right to grant us the rights and license as provided in these Terms, and (ii) that the posting of the Content on or through the Service does not violate the privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, contract rights or any other rights of any person or entity. We reserve the right to terminate the account of anyone found to be infringing on a copyright or otherwise violating any other rights.
Subject to these Terms and Conditions, you retain any and all of your rights to any Content you submit, post or display on or through the Service and you are responsible for protecting those rights. We take no responsibility and assume no liability for Content you or any third party posts on or through the Service. By posting Content using the Service you grant oldpvd.com and maureentaylor.com a worldwide non-exclusive right and license to use, modify, publicly perform, publicly display, reproduce, and distribute such Content on and through the Service. You agree that this license includes the right for oldpvd.com and maureentaylor.com to make the Content available to other users of the Service, who may also use the Content subject to these Terms.
In addition, any Content found on or through this Service and not provided by a Contributor is the property of oldpvd.com and/or maureentaylor.com, or is used with permission. You may not distribute, modify, transmit, reuse, download, repost, copy, or use said Content, whether in whole or in part, for commercial purposes or for personal gain, without express advance written permission from oldpvd.com or maureentaylor.com.
When you create an account with the Service, you warrant that you are above the age of 18, and that the information you provide us is accurate, complete, and current at all times. Inaccurate, incomplete, or obsolete information may result in the immediate termination of your account on the Service.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password, including but not limited to the restriction of access to your computer and/or account. You agree to accept responsibility for any and all activities or actions that occur under your account and/or password, whether your password is with our Service or a third-party service. You must notify us immediately upon becoming aware of any breach of security or unauthorized use of your account.
Content posted by oldpvd.com and/or maureentaylor.com is posted in the good faith belief that it is either in the public domain or falls under fair use as defined by the Copyright Act. Additionally, Contributors providing Content have warranted (see above) that the Content does not violate copyright or any other rights. If, however, you believe that anything posted here infringes your copyright, , see the “DMCA Notice and Procedure for Copyright Infringement Claims” below.
The Service and its Content (excluding Content provided by Contributors), features and functionality are and will remain the exclusive property of oldpvd.com and/or maureentaylor.com and its licensors. The Service is protected by copyright, trademark, and other laws of both the United States and foreign countries. Our copyrights, trademarks, and trade dress may not be used in connection with any product or service without the prior written consent of oldpvd.com and/or maureentaylor.com.
DMCA Notice and Procedure for Copyright Infringement Claims
You may submit a notification pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) by providing our Copyright Agent with the following information in writing (see 17 U.S.C 512(c)(3) for further detail):
- an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright’s interest;
- a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed, including the URL (i.e., web page address) of the location where the copyrighted work exists or a copy of the copyrighted work;
- identification of the URL or other specific location on the Service where the material that you claim is infringing is located;
- your address, telephone number, and email address;
- a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
You can contact our Copyright Agent via email.
Rules For Use of the Service
Here are the rules that all oldpvd.com and maureentaylor.com members and visitors to the website need to know and follow. These rules are created to protect you and the entire oldpvd.com and maureentaylor.com community.
- Post, transmit, or display anything that is illegal, threatening, harmful, abusive or otherwise objectionable. For example, but not limited to, actions that are harassing, invasive of another's privacy, degrading, defamatory, vulgar, hateful, libelous, fraudulent, obscene, pornographic, sexually explicit, hateful or racially or ethnically objectionable.
- Post, transmit, or display content which is protected by copyright or trademark or that does not belong to you and that you do not have authorization for use from the owner of the copyright or trademark.
- Post, share, transmit, upload, or display content which contains personal, proprietary or confidential information that you do not have a right to transmit. For example, but not limited to, posting any photos of living individuals without their permission or posting anyone else's sensitive financial information, home or work address, phone number, or email address without their consent.
- Post or publish any information that you know is false or misleading. For example, but not limited to, impersonating any person or entity, or falsely misrepresenting your affiliation with any person or entity, or falsely claiming an endorsement that you do not have, or misrepresenting that you are an employee or representative of MaureenTaylor.com or affiliated with the MaureenTaylor.com.
- Post, transmit or make available advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, chain letters or any other form of solicitation.
- Stalk or harass others. For example, but not limited to, using obscene, pornographic, sexually explicit, unlawful, threatening, abusive or vulgar language, or any other action that is hateful racially or ethnically, or is otherwise objectionable.
- Reproduce, copy or sell any portion of oldpvd.com or maureentaylor.com database contents, or systematically download contents and data of the MaureenTaylor.com database to make or populate another database or for any other purpose.
- “Deep link” or frame, inline link or mirror any part of the oldpvd.com or maureentaylor.com website without MaureenTaylor.com’s written permission.
- Interfere or attempt to interfere with the oldpvd.com or maureentaylor.com website. For example, but not limited to, using any software program, virus or routine to block, obscure, overwrite or modify any oldpvd.com or maureentaylor.com-generated content or web pages, or to destroy the software, hardware or telecommunications equipment of another person.
- Stalk or harass any oldpvd.com or maureentaylor.com employee. For example, but not limited to, using obscene, pornographic, sexually explicit, unlawful, threatening, abusive or vulgar language to any oldpvd.com or maureentaylor.com employee, or abusing MaureenTaylor.com resources, such as misusing an oldpvd.com or maureentaylor.com employee’s time.
- Share your oldpvd.com or maureentaylor.com member password with any unauthorized person, or permit a child under the age of 13 to publish information or post content under your oldpvd.com or maureentaylor.com membership.
- Use the Websites for any illegal activity, or provide material which promotes or teaches illegal activity.
This list is not exclusive. oldpvd.com and maureentaylor.com prohibits members or any other person from engaging in any activity that oldpvd.com or maureentaylor.com, in its sole discretion, determines is offensive, interferes with the rights of others, or causes harm to any person, including to oldpvd.com or maureentaylor.com and its employees. Violation of, or acting inconsistently with, the letter or spirit of our rules may result, in appropriate consequences and at our sole discretion, suspension, cancellation or termination of the accounts of the offending user, and such violation may result in the forfeiture of any and all fees that the User has already paid to be a member of the Service or any other fee. The preceding sentence shall not in any way limit any other remedy, legal, equitable or otherwise, that oldpvd.com or maureentaylor.com may pursue.
Links To Other Web Sites
Our Service may contain links to third party web sites or services that are not owned or controlled by oldpvd.com and/or maureentaylor.com. oldpvd.com and maureentaylor.com has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third party web sites or services. We do not warrant the offerings of any of these entities/individuals or their websites.
You acknowledge and agree that oldpvd.com and maureentaylor.com shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such third party web sites or services.
We advise you to read the terms and conditions and privacy policies of any third party web sites or services that you visit.
We may terminate or suspend your account and bar access to the Service immediately, without prior notice or liability, under our sole discretion, for any reason whatsoever and without limitation, including but not limited to a breach of the Terms.
If you wish to terminate your account, you may simply discontinue using the Service. All provisions of the Terms which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless oldpvd.com and maureentaylor.com and its licensee and licensors, and their employees, contractors, agents, officers and directors, from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs or debt, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees), resulting from or arising out of a) your use and access of the Service, by you or any person using your account and password; b) a breach of these Terms, and/or c) Content you posted or otherwise provided to or via the Service.
Limitation Of Liability
In no event shall oldpvd.com or maureentaylor.com, nor its directors, employees, partners, agents, suppliers, or affiliates, be liable for any indirect, incidental, special, consequential or punitive damages, including without limitation, loss of profits, data, use, goodwill, or other intangible losses, resulting from (i) your access to or use of or inability to access or use the Service; (ii) any conduct or content of any third party on the Service; (iii) any content obtained from the Service; and (iv) unauthorized access, use or alteration of your transmissions or content, whether based on warranty, contract, tort (including negligence) or any other legal theory, whether or not we have been informed of the possibility of such damage, and even if a remedy set forth herein is found to have failed of its essential purpose.
Your use of the Service is at your sole risk. The Service is provided on an "AS IS" and "AS AVAILABLE" basis. The Service is provided without warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement or course of performance.
oldpvd.com and maureentaylor.com its subsidiaries, affiliates, and its licensors do not warrant that a) the Service will function uninterrupted, secure or available at any particular time or location; b) any errors or defects will be corrected; c) the Service is free of viruses or other harmful components; or d) the results of using the Service will meet your requirements.
Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain warranties or the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, so the limitations above may not apply to you.
These Terms shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of Rhode Island, United States, without regard to its conflict of law provisions. Our failure to enforce any right or provision of these Terms will not be considered a waiver of those rights. If any provision of these Terms is held to be invalid or unenforceable by a court, the remaining provisions of these Terms will remain in effect. These Terms constitute the entire agreement between us regarding our Service, and supersede and replace any prior agreements we might have had between us regarding the Service.
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to modify or replace these Terms at any time. If a revision is material we will provide at least 30 days notice prior to any new terms taking effect. What constitutes a material change will be determined at our sole discretion.
By continuing to access or use our Service after any revisions become effective, you agree to be bound by the revised terms. If you do not agree to the new terms, you are no longer authorized to use the Service.
If you have any questions about these Terms, please contact us.