N.H. Haronian Building
60 Ship St, Providence, RI
You must be logged in to comment.
N.H. Haronian Building (1925): This is a three-story, flat-roof, reinforced concrete building with brick pier and panel walls, with large banks of industrial sash windows with flat brick arches and concrete sills. There is a recessed entrance, framed by piers with rounded corners, on the east side of the north facade. A cornice with a frieze band of vertical stretchers provides the principal ornament to this modestly-styled building. Built by Nazareth Haronian both to house his own small jewelry business and for rental use, the building was remodeled inside for use as an office building in 1983-84. Source - National Register of Historic Places The building was originally Mr. Haronian’s small jewelry and novelty company. Over the years the building has had many occupants including the well-loved local beer brewer Narragansett Brewery. Thanks to a sizable investment by Desisto Law Offices, 60 Ship Street has been fully renovated and transformed into a gorgeous modern urban loft office space.